Splash Your Paws With Us!
What is the aquatic fitness center?
Our canine fitness center is equipped with a 14’ 5” x 9’ 6” pool heated to 88-92 degree Fahrenheit. Our canine swim companions have been trained in the practice of swimming through the completion of levels 1 & 2 Heart of Canine Aquatic Therapy courses. Sessions are offered in 15 minute, 30 minute, and 1 hour sessions.
What are the benefits of my pet swimming in the Canine Aquatic Fitness Center?
Swimming is beneficial to dogs in so many ways! The buoyancy & resistance of water allows them to exercise more freely, while lessening stress on joints. Water can decrease inflammation, increase circulation, and increase range of motion as the environment can enhance stretches and movements. Swimming provides a great way to improve your pet’s fitness, body condition, and it is a great form of aerobic exercise that is low impact on the bones and joints. Swimming can also increase body awareness, balance, coordination, and just plain help muscle and fitness tone.
Who’s right for swim sessions?
- Pets that have conditions such as arthritis, dysplasia, paralysis & other mobility issues.
- Pets who need help with weight loss or weight management.
- Older pets that need a low impact exercise routine.
- Pre & post-surgical conditioning, as well as injury prevention.
- Pets of all ages that have a pool at home.
- Hyperactive pets.
- Pets with busy parents.
- Pets with parents who have health conditions who are not able to meet their pets exercise needs.